Jacqueline M. Caputo
- Divorce (Litigation, Collaborative Law, Mediation)
- Family Court (Custody and Visitation, Child Support, Adoption, Paternity, Family Offenses, Juvenile Delinquency)
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Administrative Law
- Landlord / Tenant
Ms. Caputo, who joined the firm in 2003, leads the Divorce and Family Law practice group. Her main goal in representing clients in this area is to bring about a resolution in the most efficient and effective way possible, while still providing personalized attention. She supports her clients through their most difficult times, with compassion, patience and understanding of the law.
Her practice is unique in that Ms. Caputo is able to provide aggressive litigation services to those clients that require it, but also collaborative law and mediation services, from start to finish, for those clients that are able to resolve their matters in a more reasonable and cost-effective manner.
Although she practices primarily in divorce and family court matters, she also has extensive experience in civil litigation, commercial law, administrative law, criminal defense, and landlord/tenant matters. She has trial experience in the local state courts, as well as in appellate practice at both the New York State Appellate Division and Court of Appeals.
Ms. Caputo is a graduate of both Cornell University and Boston University School of Law. Beyond that, she has continued to build on her education with extensive training through the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and the Center for Mediation and Training in New York City. She lives on Long Island with her husband and two young sons.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 2003
- Boston University College of Communication, Boston, Massachusetts
- Master's Degree - 2003
- Major: Communication
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2000
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2008
- Velez v. Hunts Point Multi-Service Center, Inc., 29 A.D.3d 104, 811 N.Y.2d 5, 2006, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.
- Velez v. Hunts Point Multi-Service Center, Inc., 2006 N.Y. Slip Op. 01105, 2006, N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.
- Omni Recycling of Westbury, Inc. v. Town of Oyster Bay, et. al., 41 A.D.3d 482, 837 N.Y.S.2d 317, 2007, N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.
- Omni Recycling of Westbury, Inc. v. Town of Oyster Bay, et. al., 2007 N.Y.Slip Op. 04835, 2007, N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.
- Omni Recycling of Westbury, Inc. v. Town of Oyster Bay, et. al., 11 N.Y.3d 868, 901 N.E.2d 741, 2008, N.Y.
- Omni Recycling of Westbury, Inc. v. Town of Oyster Bay, et. al., 873 N.Y.S.2d 248, 2008 N.Y. Slip Op. 09850, N.Y., 2008
- Super Lawyers 2014 New York Rising Stars List
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association Matrimonial Law Committee, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association Family Court Law & Procedure Committee, Member
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network (CAAAN), Committee Chairperson
- New York State Council on Divorce Mediation, Member
Current Employment Position